Tuesday, March 06, 2007

101 Things About Me

My friend, Heather, who is an avid blogger and has been bugging me to update my blog for so long gave me a great jumping off point to blog from! 101 things about me. Maybe these are things you know..maybe you don't. I guess we'll see.

  1. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
  2. We are also known as the Mormons or LDS church.
  3. I work for my church.
  4. I teach early morning seminary to high school students grades 9-12 from 6:00 am until 6:50 am every morning and even on the days I don't have to go to work.
  5. I have a cat named Pete.
  6. He likes Fancy Feast.
  7. He also likes to have his own small glass of water in the bathroom in the mornings.
  8. He is NOT spoiled.
  9. I have 2 niece dogs. Allie and Brody are boxers and very sweet.
  10. I have 3 nearly nieces and 1 nearly nephew.
  11. I am the oldest of four. Two sisters and a brother.
  12. I would do anything for my siblings.
  13. I have the best parents ever.
  14. I am a fierce friend.
  15. I love helping people.
  16. I am currently rereading the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery.
  17. I love to read.
  18. My favorite TV shows right now are 24, House, CSI and ER. Oh and LOST.
  19. I love LOST even though I haven't seen the previous 2 seasons.
  20. I live with my parents and my grandmother who I help take care of.
  21. I love living where I do.
  22. I love reading my friends blogs but I have a hard time writing on mine.
  23. I had a kidney transplant on June 25, 1997.
  24. My sister gave me her kidney when she was almost 19.
  25. She's amazing.
  26. Its almost been 10 years and things are going great!
  27. I worked in a dry cleaners yesterday to help out a family in the church whose mother was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.
  28. I have lived in 5 states and moved a year ago from Kansas City to Atlanta.
  29. I love to sing.
  30. I hate dirt or getting dirty IE baking bread sends me over the edge.
  31. I work Tuesdays through Saturdays.
  32. I am organized and neat at work and not so much at home.
  33. I procrastinate.
  34. I have a bad habit of never cashing checks.
  35. I love Harry Potter and can't wait for the new movie and book.
  36. I once went to Barnes and Noble with friends to await the arrival of midnight and to buy "The Half-Blood Prince".
  37. I didn't buy my book there. We went to Wal-Mart about 12:30 and picked one right off the pallet. There wasn't even a line.
  38. This will be my plan this year as well.
  39. I do not like the feel of velvet, corduroy, silk, velour or microfiber. I can't wear them, touch them or sit on them. It creeps me out.
  40. I drive about 90 minutes to and from work.
  41. I listen to Hannity.
  42. I hope Hillary doesn't get the Democratic nomination.
  43. I bought new shampoo and conditioner yesterday. Liter sales ROCK!
  44. I really liked both "The Illusionist" and "The Prestige" so I couldn't pick my favorite between them even though they were similar.
  45. I bought a new microwave for work today because our old one started making a scary noise and I don't want to be glowing green in the next few days.
  46. A guy I knew from years ago in Kansas City walked into work today. It was weird.
  47. He IS weird.
  48. I drove to work with my Dad today.
  49. I stay up too late sometimes.
  50. One of my favorite shows is Little People, Big World on TLC.
  51. I also like American Chopper because its hysterical.
  52. Deal or No Deal is addictive.
  53. My family inspires me to do my best in everything.
  54. I am a perfectionist.
  55. Sometimes I hate answering the phone.
  56. I plan to go on a road trip this summer.
  57. I can't believe that I'm nearly a year older.
  58. I need a new bookshelf in the worst way.
  59. I love to buy books even if I can get them at the library.
  60. I am involved in a book group through church and I love it.
  61. Another new favorite TV show is The Harry Dresden Files on the Sci-Fi Channel.
  62. I also love Firefly which should have lasted more than one season. LOVE IT!
  63. I used to write poetry and short stories and would like to do it again.
  64. I have had 2 boyfriends in my life.
  65. I had never been kissed until I was 27.
  66. I have been put to sleep for surgeries 28 times.
  67. I went to the doctor yesterday only to find out I probably have some sort of virus.
  68. Doctors offices are BORING.
  69. I drive a Mercury Mariner.
  70. I will be driving a Ford Edge in the near future.
  71. Hopefully the Edge arrives before I am 90.
  72. My Dad works for Ford.
  73. At least he will work for them until the end of May when he retires.
  74. Mom is the caregiver for Grandma.
  75. I was born on May 13, 1975 in Murray, Utah.
  76. My first house was in Woods Cross, Utah.
  77. I graduated from Bountiful High School in 1993.
  78. I wouldn't go back to high school unless I could just do music classes and visit with my friends all day long.
  79. In high school my friends and I had a man-hating underground newspaper called Auntie Em.
  80. Some of the guys we knew also started a woman-hating underground newspaper called The Breakfast Club.
  81. Their newspaper wasn't as successful as ours was.
  82. I do not like my food to touch...ever.
  83. Unless, of course, it is supposed to like in a casserole or a salad.
  84. I have too many food rules to mention here but it would make a good post.
  85. I like to entertain people at my house.
  86. I've never smoked or had a drink of alcohol.
  87. I like to crochet and cross stitch but I rarely find time to do either.
  88. I have 6 minutes to finish this before I have to leave to go to work.
  89. People are very interesting to me and I love to talk to them and find out their stories.
  90. In high school, my two best friends and I would stay up late at sleepovers and write stories.
  91. My favorite candy bar right now is Twix.
  92. I also like Swedish Fish a lot.
  93. Sometimes on the way home from work I'll stop at Target and pick up a package of Swedish Fish to eat as I drive the rest of the way home.
  94. My boss from Salt Lake City is coming next week for a visit.
  95. I am nervous about that.
  96. I just got a raise and I'm excited about that.
  97. I've worn glasses since the 4th grade and contacts since the 8th.
  98. I need new contacts.
  99. I love naps and I wish I could have one everyday.
  100. I love to work hard.
  101. I loathe to shop unless I know what I want and I can go and get it. You have to get me in the right mood to really "shop"

Well, I guess that's about it right now. 101 things that you may or may not know about me!

1 comment:

Beckle the Freckle said...

Hooray for new posts! I love this 101 things about me idea. It took me forever to finish mine. Because my brain doesn't work anymore. :S

I'm glad you're blogging again, I miss you and wonder what you're up to! I can't wait to see you in April. It's right around the corner!