Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fablehaven #2

I just finished the second book in the FableHaven series by Brandon Mull. I really love these books and I think they are just as interesting as HP or some other fantasy that I have read recently. I also like them because they teach a lesson and they have discussion questions in the back of the book to help facilitate a discussion either with kids or for a book group. Its published by Deseret Book so there isn't the worry of something being inappropriate for kids.

I would say that if you are a parent I would read these books first to see if they are appropriate and not too scary for your kids. But I would highly recommend them to anyone who likes Harry Potter or any other fantasy type books. I really enjoyed reading both of these and I look forward to reading many more.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I talked to Brandon Mull's sister Summer and she told me a little bit about what to expect in Fablehaven 3. Some interesting things I found were:

1. Kendra develops a love interest.

2. The majority of the book takes place on other preserves and not on Fablehaven.

3. Kendra and Seth are separated for the majority of the book.

4. Dragons are introduced in the book 3, but take on a much bigger role in book 4 when they go to a Dragon preserve.