Monday, November 24, 2008

6 Quirky things about me

My sweet friend Tara tagged me for this so I had better do it! She is a mom with 2 kids and she still manages to find time to do a tag so I think I should.

PS. I like the word quirky its fun.



1. Probably one of the quirkiest things about me is that I have this aversion to things that, to me, feel weird. For example, velvet, velour, corduroy, some silks, some microfibers (like on couches), some fleece (especially micro fleece) and when cotton balls rub together. EWWW! I am getting chills just thinking about it. Once, when I was about 15, my mom got me the most beautiful dark green jumper dress from Eddie Bauer made out of corduroy. I thought I could maybe wear it to church if no one touched me. Unfortunately, I only made it through Sacrament meeting before demanding to be taken home so I could change out of said dress. The fabric of the dress rubbing against the fabric on the pews almost drove me over the edge. A fun game my siblings like to play is to chase me around and try to rub said fabrics on me. Jerks. But I still love them.



2. When I am in the shower I have to do the same things in the same order or I get confused. Like this one time when I went to put conditioner on my face because I did everything out of order.

3. I also have to eat my food in order. Is there something wrong with me here?

4. This one isn't so much quirky as a puzzle to me. At work, I am super organized and I know where things are. I do a little bit of piling but mostly I do a lot of filing. I have folders in a real file cabinet and everything! AND on my computer! Holy cow! Now, if you were to take a peek into my room at this moment you would find (in no particular order) stacks of books, clothes on the floor, my suitcase from when I went to Utah still lying there. I figure that since I'm going to pack it in a month to go to KC why put it away. You will also find my bedspread on the chair next to my bed not on my bed. I should have thought longer and harder about purchase of said bed spread because the dog hates it. Its too slickery for her to lay on so she gets on my bed and does a little dance to mess it up and knock all of the pillows on the floor. You will also find stacks and stacks and STACKS of paper..mail and other junk that I can't make myself throw away. Its quite sad actually. I wonder why I'm so different in these two parts of my life.

5. I'm not sure if I can come up with 2 more quirky things. Hmmm.... Oh, here's one. When I was really sick, before dialysis (and maybe for some time after I started) I watched Apollo 13 every night without fail. I think I've seen that movie like 14 or 15 times..probably more than that. I honestly think I watched it every night for a month but I can't exactly remember and I don't want anyone to think I'm a total freak.

6. Sometimes I wish I was Anne of Green Gables and life was more simple than it is now.

I tag anyone who wants to do this list! Have fun!

5 comments:

Matthew Ware said...

How about the fact that your food can't touch on the plate. I think if you let your food touch before eating it, you'd be more healthy. You see, my food gets a chance to interact before being eaten so it can get along. Your food's first interaction is in the stomach and I think it freaks it out a little :)

GB, RN said...

I was just thinking that very same thing!!!

K2 said...

Matt--no way.

Heather--glad that we are thinking alike!

thepainterfamily said...

haha! my favorite is #6! I just love ya Katherine! :)

Rosalynne said...

Dear heavens!!! When it comes to #4, we must be twins! My house is an utter mess, but at work my desk and anyplace that I work in is absolutely spotless and organized. And I can go over to my friends' houses and clean and organize there, but have no gumption to do it at home.... why the heck is that???