Monday, November 02, 2009

The earth isn't flat.....

..so I haven't fallen off the edge of it.

I've had kind of interesting fall so far so its been WAY too long since I last blogged. I appreciate my sweet cousin Mike for commenting on the fake blog I accidentally posted. Because I'm a dork.

Being Sick
Isn't really fun. I hadn't felt well for a while and my appetite was really poor. I had several incidents of MRSA on my skin since August and had been on antibiotics. I was supposed to see my nephrologist (the GREAT Dr. S!) during the first week of August but had to cancel because of insurance issues. The earliest appointment I could get was the last week of September. Then it got bumped to the first week of October. In the meantime, was tired, nauseated, vomiting and all sorts of other fun stuff. I knew something was wrong and I actually couldn't wait until I got to see my doctor again. Once I did see him, it was apparent that I definitely needed his advice. My creatnin (which tells how well your kidneys are functioning) was at a 3.2. I usually run around a 1.9 so it was obvious this was part of the reason I was feeling so bad. We were afraid that possibly it was a chronic rejection or my previous kidney disease returning. Dr. S had a feeling it was the previous antibiotic I was on for the MRSA. He told me to stay home from work for a week and rest. Having just started a job I was a little nervous about this but knew that it was the best thing I could do for me. When I was younger I just would go and go but now that I am older (and a little bit wiser) I knew it was the best thing to do. Thankfully my boss was very, very understanding. After some rest and some more meds (and less meds) I am happy to report that as of today my creatnin is down to 1.7 which is GREAT for me. Thank you to all my friends and family for your prayers and concern the past few weeks. They have really helped me. I love you all.

A new job
Thankfully I still have a job even though I had a rough spot earlier in the month. It is going along and I still learning the things that I need to do. It seems to evolve as the days go on. I am feeling more comfortable with my duties and those that I work with. I enjoy going every day and its different every day which is great.

Baby showers
My sister, Frau Bailey, is expecting their first child the first week of December so I have given one baby shower with one on the way this Saturday the 7th. The first shower was for family and it went really well. Margaret and Ben and baby Bailey got a lot of nice gifts. I gave her some things for the tub and a SPA for the baby. Seriously. It is so fun! Can't wait to see him or her in it. Getting clean. Hopefully, the friend shower this weekend will go as well. We are having an open house style and Mar will open presents 3 times during the shower. We are also having a cupcake bar..where guests will be able to decorate their own cupcake. If anyone out there has any ideas for toppings I am all ears.

Well, I guess that is about it for now. Love to you all.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm so sorry you were sick. I've been thinking about you and wanted to call but never got around to it. Guess I should have followed that prompting, eh? Glad you are feeling better now, and that your boss was understanding.

Oh, and um, a cupcake bar? Wow, that's a great idea. I hope you don't mind but I am going to steal that idea for some future occasion!

Harwood said...

I'm glad you love being an Auntie!! Tell Marg I said congrats!
By the way, I just made my blog private, so I need your e-mail address to send you an invite.