Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 in Review

I will confess and say that I did steal this idea from a friend's blog. Thanks Mary!

2010 has been an interesting year for me to say the least and one that will live in my memory with both the happy and hard times.

In January I was diagnosed with End Stage Renal Disease for the second time and contemplated what that would mean for the coming year. In February I started hemodialysis and felt a little better but not quite up to par.

In March I had a catheter placed so I could start doing peritoneal dialysis (PD) at home but didn't start actually doing it at home until May. In April I was lucky enough to lose my memory for a few days thanks to a seizure and I said some pretty funny things.

After starting PD I started to feel better and left at the end of August with Dad, Margaret and Lydia for a 3 week trip to Utah and Idaho. We visited with family, friends and got to attend my nephew's second birthday party. A great time was had by all and I figured out that I could travel while on dialysis.

In November Lydia turned one and it has been a pleasure to have been involved so closely with her first year. I love her a lot and its been fun to see her turn from a baby to a toddler--almost overnight it feels like.
I also had the opportunity to go to Nauvoo twice this summer and enjoy the pageant with Margaret and Lydia. We also saw my cousin Melanie while we were there.

I think the thing that I have learned this year is to be grateful for the things that I have been blessed with. My parents are awesome and my siblings and their spouses have been an incredible support during this trying time. Friends too have brought me much comfort and love.

To all of you, thank you for the impact you have had on my life. I love each of you and I am looking forward to a better 2011 and hopefully a transplant!


3 comments:

mary plus vince said...

[[hugs]] love you kainty!!

Eliza said...

Yes, we {at the Challis Palace} heart you too. Just yesterday Paul was saying how it was too bad that you don't live around here anymore because we never get to see you... but we are glad you get to be closer to your family, especially your cute little niece!

thepainterfamily said...

what a year.

i know that I am so so happy to be here in kc and to be here with you!!

xoxo

here's to a better 2011!