Saturday, October 15, 2011

Margaret's Birthday

I guess late is better than never but we just uploaded the pictures from Margaret's 30th birthday bash and I wanted to share with my lovely readers!

I had Mom and Dad help me separate the candies into colors.  We had Skittle, M&M's and Reese's Pieces to do.  They are such great helpers!



A close up of Dad working on the Skittles.


Mom working on Reese's Pieces.


We made a collage of pictures of Margaret through the years.  It was fun to look at and remember all the times we had as kids and growing up.  I could have lived without pictures of myself included.


I think its so fun to have big number balloons for a big birthday!


My Mom and Xiao Hua cut these letters out, laminated them and put magnets on the back.  I loved that it greeted everyone as they came to the party.


The dolls on the table are Margaret's My Kid Sister and My Little Buddy dolls from when she was younger.  The girl is named Candy and the boy Cory.  Margaret took those dolls with her everywhere even when we went on vacation. We had a pop up trailer when we were younger and Mom made them their own little sleeping bag.  


The Reese's Piece's, Good and Plenty's and M&M's.  I put them in pretty dishes/containers as well.  I think they look good.  My handmade signs, not so much but it worked.


Gummy bears, Swedish Fish, Sour Patch Kids and Skittles.


Of course we had to have cotton candy individually bagged of course because I am that crazy!


We had a really great time at the party with lots of family, friends and great food. I enjoyed doing my first candy bar and I would probably do it again for another event sometime.  We also had a pinata and the kids that attended enjoyed doing that.  After everyone arrived my camera got forgotten so I am sorry no pictures of actual people.  

It was great to throw this party for Margaret and I know she had a great time.  She always does when we are celebrating her birthday!

2 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

Katherine...you planned one AMAZING party! I loved it so so much! All the details were perfect, and really reflected MArgaret so so well!

ps...new side business for you!? :)

Bailey Family said...

It was a great Party! Of course it was celebrating me...so if was amazing!
You are the best for thinking of me and being so great!

Love you! Luckily my birthday comes around every year!