Thursday, November 03, 2005

Word problems....

So for some unknown reason I decided that now would be the perfect time to take Math 40 yet again. Last semester I tried to take Math 110 from the get go but I knew I was in trouble when we started on the first class halfway through the book. Not a good sign.

My first test went very well. In fact I got 101% thanks to some extra credit and also to actually understanding the material. I feel like I am understanding what is going on in class and when I do my homework. Math hasn't always been my strong point. Dad tells stories about helping me with math when I was younger..and me taking off my shoes and socks so I could count with my toes. Pretty funny if you ask me but very telling of the next few years (decades) of my life with Math. When I decided to take this class I wanted to have a better attitude and try to really learn instead of telling myself that I couldn't do it like I wanted to. The test score helped a lot with that.

Then Chapter 3 came..chapter 3 the chapter FULL of nasty word problems that I am probably making harder than they really are. But nonetheless I have a test tonight and I'm a little worried about it. Hopefully I can do well and remember the things that I have studies. Sigh. Learning is hard sometimes.

1 comment:

RCH said...

So how did the test go?