Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Maundy Thursday

Does anyone know what Maundy Thursday is?

When I played the hand bells at the Methodist church they celebrated this during Holy Week and I couldn't ever figure out what it was.

After a search of Google I found out what it was. You can read about it on wikipedia here.

Basically it is commemorating Christ introducing the Sacrament, washing of the apostles feet, The Garden of Gethsemane and Christ's betrayal by Judas. I had no idea. That is really cool.

Take a minute and think about what the Garden of Gethsemane really means to you in terms of the Atonement and are you fully embracing the Atonement in your life?

1 comment:

R Matthew Ware said...

I try to read Bruce R McConkie's last talk (the one about the three gardens) every once in a while. It's a wonderful one. I'll have to dig it up.