Monday, March 03, 2008

Isaiah Chapters 1 and 2

Today we started our 3 week journey through Isaiah during Seminary. We did chapters 1 and 2 today and the lesson went really, really well.
Basically in chapter 1 Isaiah is telling the people that they are corrupt and they are performing the ordinances without their heart being in it. We talked about repentance because there is a great verse in that chapter verse 18 that reads: "Come now, and let us reason together saith the Lord. Though your sins be as scarlet they shall be as white as snow. Though they be red like crimson they shall be as wool." We talked about how repentance and partaking of the sacrament makes you clean like you were just baptized. It was a great discussion. In chapter 2 Isaiah talks about our latter-day temples and how the temple is a house of learning.

I had a great time starting Isaiah and I hope the rest of the 3 weeks goes as well. I am sure it will if I study hard and teach by the Spirit.

I also wanted to tell you about fast and testimony meeting yesterday. On Friday I challenged all of the kids to bear their testimonies during the meeting. I was met with wide eyed stares as I assured them that I would go first. Sunday morning came and when the 2nd counselor sat down from bearing his testimony myself and all my students who were there went up to the stand and we all bore our testimonies together. It was so neat. I just have the best kids ever.

1 comment:

GB, RN said...

Isaiah reads like stereo instructions...