Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Book Worm Wednesday

Since people ask me all the time about books and which books I have read or am currently reading I decided to start this on my blog. Perhaps I will also add it to my sidebar so be on the look out for that!

I am a bookworm and I freely confess that I am. I have so many books right now that I need to do one of the following:

a) Get another bookshelf
b) Get rid of some books (which I can't bring myself to do..sniff)

But I digress..

So I thought that once a week I would share with all of you some of my favorite reads past and present. So enjoy our first week!

Book: Another Day in the Frontal Lobe: A Brain Surgeon Exposes Life on the Inside
Author: Katrina Firlik





Comments: This book was so fascinating to me. I purchased it about 6 months ago at Borders on a whim. When I say on a whim, this means that I was purusing the paperback table, saw it, thought it looked cool, picked it up, read the blurb and bought it.

Firlik has the ability to communicate what it is like to be a brain surgeon without sounding too much like a doctor but using enough medical lingo to make you feel smart. It isn't a gross book and she debunks most of the myths that are prevelant about brain surgeons. She also talks about being female in a predominately male field. A great read and I would highly recommend it. It isn't very long and doesn't take too long to read.

LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Ken said...

Kathryn!

I have another option for you - schlep them to a used bookstore and trade them in! Or, you could always contact your local library to see if they are interested in taking them!

Love you!

-Ken

Emily Anne said...

You know me, I think you should keep them. However, Ken's idea is a good one.