Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Book Worm Wednesday

The book for this week is Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I haven't read this book lately but I think I'll put it on my list to read. Its a non-fiction book that weaves two stories. One is about the world's fair in Chicago and the inventions and innovations that we have because of it. The other is about a serial killer who found prime targets at the Chicago's World's Fair because of all the young ladies who had moved to Chicago because it was one of the more popular cities at the turn of the century. It is very interesting to watch Larson weave and put these two stories together. This is a book that you won't be able to put down and is a thrilling ride all the way to the end.

1 comment:

RCH said...

Ooooh, that's such a creepy book! I loved it. :-)