Thursday, January 08, 2009

Its 2009

That rhymes. How fun.

Anyway, I have been reading lots of my friends blogs about resolutions etc etc and I have figured out over the years that I am no good at making or keeping those.

For instance at one time or another I've vowed to get organized. I buy cute day planners and they last through February. So I've quit doing that. (Until today when I found a cute tiny one at Target)

I also have said I want to lose weight. Who hasn't made that resolution at least once or 500 million times in their life? I know that I keep making it and breaking it. I've also said that I want to exercise more regularly and get in better shape. Does that mean I'll be a size 2 anytime in the near future? No. Never happen.

So I wanted to share some of the things I plan on NOT doing this year.

* I am not going to obsess over my marital status nor allow it to color my daily life. I'm going to live my life and see what happens. I am however going to try...as soon as I have the courage to do it.

*I am not going to obsess over trying to be the perfect Seminary teacher. I have good days and I have bad days. But at the end of the day what is really important is that I love those kids as much as if they were my own and that is perfection to me.

*I am not going to stress out about things I cannot control. (Perhaps vent about them to others..of course!)

*I am not going to beat myself up if I miss a day of exercise, scripture reading or some other thing I am trying to incorporate into my life this year.

*I am not going to be unhappy. I am going to be happy with me because then you can share your love with everyone around you.

See ya around 2008.
Here's to a great 2009.

1 comment:

Matthew Ware said...

I'm am going to pay off some debt, but not others.

I'm going to lose weight, and probably gain weight.

I will be happy and sad.

I will make good decisions and bad ones.

How's that for a list?