Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter and I bought more books.

Happy Easter to every one and I hope its a memorable one for each of you. I am so thankful for the promise of an empty tomb and that we can be resurrected and live as families again after this life.

On another, completely unrelated note, I went to the bookstore earlier this week and bought 3 books. I just can't stay away. I bought the newest Harry Dresden book, Turn Coat, by Jim Butcher, the newest in the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown so I can have it read before the movie hits theatres this summer. I own it somewhere but I don't remember packing it..maybe I lent it to someone. It could be anywhere at this point so I just bought another one.

I know I am crazy.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Harwood said...

Thanks for reminding me to read Angels and Demons before the movie comes out. I unpacked it a few weeks ago, but forgot to start reading it.

Matthew Ware said...

Mmm, Turn Coat was great.

Emily Anne said...

Matt is obcessed with the Kindle for the iPhone. It is an application where you can download and read books on the phone. He bought Turn Coat for the phone and I tried to read it that way, but I couldn't. I had to break down and buy it. So, technically we have paid twice for the book. I love books. Turn Coat was really good. I finished it last night. Enjoy!

Bailey Family said...

I think the book by Jim Butcher might be written by the father of one of my students.

Rosalynne said...

I saw a great phrase put on one of those advertising signs in front of a church: "Lift your Soul, by Bending your Knees" It's really stuck with me for some reason.

Matthew Ware said...

Jim Butcher lives in Independence, but I thought he lived near the mall, in the Blue Springs School District. But he might be on the border. I'm not sure. It'd be cool to meet him.

Rosalynne said...

Jim is actually doing a book signing at the Barnes & Noble across from Indep. Ctr in May, along with his wife, and a book she wrote. I was thinking about going.