Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda

Do you ever have one of those days where you say shoulda, woulda, coulda? I feel like that sometimes and I thought it would be a clever post title even though I am not planning to blog about any regrets, it just sounded cool.

The other day I went to the Post office to mail a birthday package to my friend VR. I knew that she would LOVE what I got her so I was waiting ever so patiently to hear from her if she had received said present. I went to the post office after hours, as I usually do because I don't want to talk to anyone. Not that I'm antisocial but I hate talking to people at the post office. I think I am crazy. Besides, if you have to stand in a line with strangers then THEY want to talk to you and I don't really care if you're mailing a package to your great aunt. Because I'm mean like that. So I used my new best friend the Automated Postage Center or APC. I LOVE the APC. You can weigh your packages and letters, get postage for them, get stamps and mail everything without ever having to talk to a human being! A dream come true. Imagine my surprise when VR told me the post office is holding her package ransom until she appears before them and coughs up .34 cents! WHAT? I used your freaking machine and you still charge the person on the other end because YOUR machine messed up? What? Grr. Not happy about that in the least.

Speaking of not wanting to talk to people, I actually had to yesterday to get the phone book from my old smashed-in-the-car-door cell phone transferred to my new cell phone. I actually had to walk into the Sprint store, talk to the people and explain what I wanted. Every time previous to this when I got a new phone I would enter all the numbers myself. I told myself this was a good time to weed out new numbers. The real reason was because I didn't want to go to the store and talk to anyone. But I actually went there yesterday and did it! I was super proud of myself. Now I just have to call and get my internet on the new phone working. I'm still gathering up my courage for that one.

I also order pizza online to avoid having to talk to anyone on the phone. I love e-mailing my primary care doctor because then I don't have to call his office and talk to stupid people.

I sound a little crazy right now don't I?

Its about to get better.

I was talking to a friend the other night who is equally as obsessed with the Twilight movie and we agreed that it would be fun sometime to figure out how many lines all of the characters have except the two main characters. So last week, while Mom was gone to KC, I watched Twilight again. But I had my spreadsheet with me. It had the names of all the characters in one column and then I would use hash marks in the next column to count how many lines each character had. Then I e-mailed the completed product to my friend because I am nice like that and now she doesn't have to do that work for herself.

See?

I told you it would get better.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

Avoiding talking to human beings whenever possible? Not weird at all. At least, not to a Cleverly!

And I LOVE that you used a spreadsheet while watching Twilight, you rock.

The Taylors said...

So what are the results? Who had the most lines?

Momzoo said...

I feel the same way...I won't order pizza either.

K2 said...

Aimee, I knew we were friends for a reason! Mrs. Taylor I will post those results soon just for you.
Eliza, I think I am half Cleverly at least!