Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Time Machine: Senior Year

This entry is from one of my bestest friends, Mrs. McMitchell, whom I have known for 20 years as well. My how time flies. I just love her senior yearbook inscription.

Kathryn,
You are my prosthetic hand, my marching band, my Disneyland, my soup that's bland, my Spanish man, my Spam that's canned, my one last stand...& you're pretty sexy too!
You'd better write me when you go to Oregon or I'll cry! When I go visit Rachael w/ my spouse I'll just mosey up to Missouri for a visit!
Xela was so fun this year! Don't forget to keep singing, my friend. We'll both have to come back and visit Miss Webb.
I love you,
Your friend,
Mrs. McMitchell
And I love her too! What great times and its even better that we are still friends and stay in touch after all these years! You rock!

3 comments:

RCH said...

That's a fabulous yearbook note! I want to be her Spam that's canned!

::sulking that I didn't get such a cool inscription::

::wondering if maybe I did get one but don't know it because I have no idea where my HS yearbooks are::

I hope you feel better soon! :-*

Beckle the Freckle said...

Wow...I don't remember being that poetic. (Of course, I don't remember a lot of things these days...) I'm *awesome*! Hee hee. :)

RCH, you can totally be my Spam that's canned too! I'm sure I wrote something equally mental in your yearbook.

I wonder who this intended spouse was at the time? It's hard to guess with the raging hormones that were going on.

Feel better, little friend! I can't wait to see you soon!

thepainterfamily said...

how cool! I would LOVE to look through my old yearbooks (I guess I would have to find them first!) Also, may I have an invite to your "healthy" blog? I have been trying to take better care of myself too! (but chocolate raisens and sour patch kids taste SOOOO good!)taragpainter@gmail.com