Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am alive...I didn't drown.

The title of this blog refers to a time when one of my friends, Heather,was going to go and canoe on a river. I can't remember why I didn't go this particular year but as we parted the night before she left my final words to her were, "Don't drown." I know, I am very sensitive and always know the right thing to say. Heather and I should write a blog about some of those canoe trips as young singles. There were lots of highlights like the guy who, because he was a boy scout, decided that he knew everything about starting a fire only to burn off his own eyebrows. We have some good stories from those days and would make another post entirely.

Onto the rest of the story, I haven't been blogging because I just haven't felt like it. Its crazy I know but I haven't felt like doing much of anything these past few weeks as my cough as gotten increasingly more awful. I went to urgent care on Saturday after work (my regular dr was on vacation) and I got an antibiotic and another inhaler to take with the other inhaler I already have. I am feeling a bit better but must have pulled some muscles near my rib cage becuase now it hurts to cough. So I have been spending my weekends on the couch trying to squeeze in a few moments of rest. I actually did stay home for two days on the 5th and 6th of June. I even went home early last Friday. So I am trying. My boss has been really good about it so I feel comfortable if I don't feel good I could leave early and it not be a big deal.

In other news, less than a month before I go with Mom and Frau Bailey to see my Uno Kidney sister and give her a baby shower. I am so excited about that. I have planned enough baby and wedding showers that this should be a lot of fun. Mom and I fly to Boise on July the 16th and stay until the following Monday and then I'm off to Youth conference for a few days to help out. I will have full baby shower reports for you upon our return.

I bought 3 books yesterday. I know I have a problem.

I've been on my feet at work from 11:30 until now (1:45pm) when I could take a short break while I have some people trying on clothes.

I love air conditioning.

That is all!

4 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little bit better. Hope that your condition improves! You have to be top notch for our trip to Boise! I am really looking forward to it! I love you!

GB, RN said...

I should totally blog about my adventures in the singles branch!!

Maybe even some of the surveys we used to do...

Matthew Ware said...

My birthday is July 16th, woo-hoo!

Coughing to the point of pulling muscles is probably a good way to burn calories. You'll probably lose weight after this sickness.

3 books in one day? Ha. In Omaha we bought 10, then when we got home I discovered the wonders of Half-Priced Books and bought another 10.

Rachel@ A Little Bit of Ray said...

Hi Kathryn!
This is Rachel (Young) Robertson. I found your blog through Becky's. I hope you feel better soon. So not fun to be sick. Glad to find your blog.